Saturday, July 4, 2009

Smoke and Mirrors


Yeah! I have successfully completed the 21 day 6am yoga challenge! I actually loved it! Being up that early made the days go on forever. I’m actually keeping it up at home, the yoga that is, not the 6am part!!!!

I’ve been neglecting you...I apologize. What can I say? I got distracted, my husband’s 60th, a sick friend in hospital ... you know… life… but… just for you, my devoted reader…readers…? As promised I will tell you about ….smoke and mirrors….well … wallpaper and mirrors.

In our bedroom the 8 closet doors have mirrors. I like the closet space but if, like me, you are over 50 waking up to a shocking glance of your thighs laden with cellulites… magnified 8 times! Nobody deserves such a rude awakening!

As though that wasn’t enough…, another huge mirror aggressively lurked over me at the head of the bed! Mirror, mirror on the wall…who has the most wrinkles of them all? It seemed to mockingly say…

I don’t know about you but a softer landing in the morning would be more humane don’t you think?
Something had to be done! I said NO to mirrors, I chose to no longer be victim to all that exposure.
I decided to cover the mirror at the head of the bed with wallpaper. It made a dramatic change to the room, it was quick and cheap.

I pleated the paper at the top to make it look like blinds. It just adds a little depth. Now the room is a lot softer and my step is a little lighter.
The closet mirrors are still there… they are my incentive to keep up with the yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment