Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Di-vine Garden Wedding

I promised mirrors and wallpaper next …it will just have to wait!
Back to the wedding...

A long time friend’s son was getting married so I quickly offered my services as decorator. She was thrilled. Little did she know that I was doing it for purely selfish reasons. You see…I had to feed my décor addiction!!!

Before...








After...

First meeting…
the Where and What
Their large deck overlooking a magnificent garden was a natural setting for an intimate group of 43 guests.That was a no-brainer! And would you believe that the neighbour just happens to be an event planner!!! What are the odds? We had access to tents, lights, candles and other treasures“free of charge!!
(That really tickled the “bargain Queen” side of me. At this point I felt like dancing.)

NEXT … Tables…rectangular or round? Sounds trivial but the tables set the mood and I ‘m thinking… French café on the Riviera (I’ve never been there but hey… it sounds sooo romantic and what better place for romance than a café in a “secret garden” ) I’m rambling, but my mind is going in a million directions. Ohhh, the possibilities…Exciting stuff…Ah yes… tables. Personally, I much prefer round tables sitting 4, 6 or 8 depending on the number of guests and space available. Done! 6 tables of 6 and 2 tables of 4. We are on a roll!

NEXT…Ahhh …a little flutter…my favourite part … fabric. AND, I’m not talking tablecloth, that’s a given, I’m thinking flowy, shiny, sheer. Some men may find such language offensive. Sorry but it just needed to be said. After all, the bride, being a divine Goddess, expects nothing less on this day of declaring her devotional love to the man of her dreams…too much?… too Harlequin? Oh heck! Corny maybe… but there was definitely magic between these two love birds. I’m a sucker for a good love story.

NEXT…Colours! The mother of the groom chose the colors based on one of the Bride’s favourite , tangerine, which was to be the main color for flowers with yellow and white. Brown and cream for the tablecloths, a little gold here, a little orange there….
Very yummy…earthy.

By now I bet you are looking for a “OOPS” right? Almost wishing I had one. I forgive you. We all have that little dark mean side inside us. You won’t be disappointed!

The day before the wedding…

The groom’s mother is still standing…
Terry and Manfred had done a great job setting up the tents and the lights. I could go straight to the fabric. Flowy golden burnt orange fabric is used to create an amazing cozy warm ceiling which transformed the overhang of the deck .Other gorgeous fabrics are used to cover posts, windows and doors .We have fabulous flowers… and get this…Veronika from Austria, mother of the bride, just happens to do flower arrangements as a hobby! She may struggle with her English but she is a virtuoso with plants. Danka! All the treasures from the neighbours stash are in place .We are so excited! Mission accomplished.

Centrepieces for the tables...


Then… as obvious as the proverbial white elephant in the room...the roof of the tents are bare!!!! It was unacceptable! All that exposed metal! It was indecent! I’m thinking 911! What to do?

Then, AHA! (I know you were waiting for that one too!) We are in the middle of a garden, talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. I’m thinking leafy branches, ferns Heck! Anything green, I’m desperate. In her broken English, Veronika squeezes out the word “vines”. YES!!! No vines in this yard, so off goes Louise and Veronika on a quest for vines. Success! The vines saved the day. One is tempted to say it was “Di-vine intervention!”

Darn, I haven’t mention the tablecloth oops yet .This blog is already way too long…toooo bad .It was a good one. Shut up Denyse…

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Go ahead take a peek!

Ready for the guests...

The floating flowers in water were
the centerpieces on the food tables.




Adding a few petals and leaves on the table added a little interest.
















Posting pictures of the bride and groom at different stages in their lives on posts and windows was a hit.
























Simple and sweet...



















Views from below...

It was an honor for me to witness this celebration of love.
All you need is love pam, pa pa pam :) I'm such a romantic...
















No comments:

Post a Comment