Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Boudoir Curtains

I am so enjoying my boudoir chair, it is so yummy (see last project). And yes…it’s still waiting for that second coat of stain…I’ll get to it! …eventually…I promise…).

My idea was to have a perfect balance between masculine and feminine energy in the bedroom …after all… I do share my bed with a wonderful man and we can always use a little inspiration. The dark luxurious masculine curtains next to the chair give a sense of harmony.
This next part is NOT to be repeated, after all, my reputation may be at stake. I’m counting on you. DO NOT proceed if you can’t keep a secret. Are you sure? This is very embarrassing (deep breath).

Look closely at the grommets at the top of the curtains you will see that there are seven per curtain panels. Did you know that it needs to be an even number? I didn’t! The end of the “waves” at the edges of each panel, which are created by the grommets, should be facing the window, otherwise it flips outwards and you see the lining!!! OOPS!!!!

Too late… the blackout lining is already sewn in….way too much work to start from scratch and then add a piece. I can live with it …so I tell myself. It looks good enough… (not a perfectionist, remember?) but something is bugging me…can’t quite put my finger on it. Damn! ...I mean darn, shoot …I notice that the fabric above the grommets is not quite right. It looks odd. Off to the bathroom to check out the space above the grommets on my shower curtains.

Of course! Instead of 1 inch of fabric above the grommets I should have left at least 2-3.
Way more elegant! DUH! This set back was not going to take me out…no way I was going to give up…I’m very persistent. And then it happened… the AHA moment! I’m thinking…the fabric has horizontal stripes! Yeah! A piece of cake….

All I needed to do was add a piece of fabric at the top, the stripe would hide the seam and, best of all, it did not interfere with the lining! Life is good! With a straight pin I folded the outer edges so the lining does not show after all. When there is a will…

I loved the curtains but there was still something missing…it needed a little “Je ne sais quoi…” I left it for a few days. Then, needing my fabric fix I ended up at Fabricland.

At the corner of my eyes I saw some shiny BLUE bling at 50% off, I HAD to check it out! Ahhh …the Goddess touch! (Take a close look at the bottom of the curtains, just above the taupe coloured piece of silk, the blue bling) The feminine wink!
Now I’m happy!!!!!

PS
Last week, I agreed to start a yoga class for 21 consecutive days at 6am!!!! I’m retired! What was I thinking? I can tell you that I FULLY enjoy the black out curtains when I have to go to bed at 9pm and it’s still light outside!!!!!

PPS
Thanks for dropping by. Come again next week, I’ll tell you about mirrors and wallpaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment